A Discovery of Passion

I believe that the pull that money has on people, combined with the pull of your passions is a game of tug-of-war that everyone goes through.  In another world, or perhaps in this one at some point, I would love to produce music.  I recently discovered the thrill and euphoria that putting together sounds and vocals together gives you.  I have been fortunate enough to do this with one of my close friend's studio set up in his dorm room.  I have written lyrics and poems since before I can remember.  There is something mysterious about music itself that can cause someone to feel a lot of emotion, especially for someone who has a hard time expressing it, like myself.  Music can take control of your mood, it can inspire people, and it can give people a voice.  Music is something that the majority of people grow extremely attached to.  I am also very fascinated with what goes into making a hit.  What is that “thing” that clicks in people’s heads and makes a song undeniably catchy and in good taste?  The recipe must not be known, as creativity & music is something we know because we feel it, rather than understand it.  I appreciate observing the changes in popular sounds over time.  Hip-hop and rap has slowly dethroned traditional pop music in the charts over the years and it doesn’t plan on stopping.  Artists such as Drake, iann dior, Post Malone, and Juice Wrld are leaders of this new sound of rap.  These artists use singing, melodies, and catchy hooks to a the charts.  The new generation of rap is upon us as we know it.  It is interesting to note “trap” beats that utilize frequent high-hat rolls, hard-hitting percussion, and booming 808s have been making their way into pop music as of recent.  For example, the song “Blastoff” by the new producer group Internet Money features a trappy hip hop instrumental paired with Trippie Redd’s catchy and melodic voice.  The best part about rap is that there are various sub-genres within it.  There’s pop rap, trap rap, drill rap, 90s style, and more.  Artists like Young Thug have even incorporated a country twinge into their rap as well.  Hip hop aside, the concept of music is fascinating one.  Music is close to my heart and being involved in the creation of it is something I forgot I craved.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google Antitrust Investigation

Eight Values of Free Expression

Whistleblowers